Tuesday, July 5, 2011

In Memoriam: Cy Twombly

Artist Edwin Parker "Cy" Twombly passed away Tuesday at the age of 83 in Rome.  I feel like people either loved or hated his work.  While some people saw beauty in his compositions, other saw childish scribbles.  I personally loved his work and meeting him in Rome was on high my bucket list for life experiences. As a tribute, I'm reposting photos from his studio taken in the 1960's.  He lived his life to the beat of his own drum and did what he loved everyday.  We should all be so lucky.


"My line is childlike but not childish.  It is very difficult to fake...to get that quality you need to project yourself into the child's line.  It has to be felt."
                                                                            - Cy Twombly (1928 - 2011)