Thursday, June 9, 2011

Microsoft and Me

As a blogger and interior designer, I use technology everyday but that doesn't mean that I know what I'm doing.  I end up figuring out a lot of things as I go but always wish I had more help.  So when Microsoft contacted me about styling their upcoming Preview event and said they would help with my tech needs, I immediately said yes!  While you may buy your laptops, phones and other tech products in modern looking stores, you take them home to a space that looks a lot like my desk above.  Microsoft has started to work with designers including Trading Spaces designer and HGTV's Design Star judge Vern Yip. You can read all about his recent Style Tips for Tech project with Microsoft on Apartment Therapy


The event that I am working on will introduce press to the latest products and accessories for the Xbox 360, Windows Phone and Windows laptop lines, in settings that look like the way you’d use them at home all styled by me.  Of course, as part of this I got to try out all the products myself. The one that I was the least excited about was the Xbox but the more I used it and learned what it could do, it became my favorite new product.  I thought it was all about video games, but did you know that you can use it to stream movies from Netflix and guide your yoga workout?  Neither did I!  I look forward to not only showing you photos of the event next week but also sharing some of the great tips and tricks I learned from the Microsoft team.  I'll also be giving away some great new products so definitely check back for more details!