Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Chic Reads: The House in France

The sad truth is that with everything going on right now, I don't have time to read a book.  When I do, I plan to pick up The House in France by Gully Wells.  I read an excerpt in the June 2011 issue of Vogue and was hooked.  As you might have guessed from the title, it is a memoir of the author's summers spent in Provence which after yesterday's post, seems like a perfect follow up.  The entire story doesn't take place in France though.  Gully Wells grew up in London and also lived and worked in New York.  By the sounds of it, she led a pretty swanky life and we could use some swanky after this week.


I want to thank everyone for all their kind comments and emails regarding my apartment search.  I really appreciate all the finger crossing and praying on my behalf!  It's such an arduous process but I saw a place this morning that I absolutely loved and am hoping will be mine!  A little more finger crossing please!