Friday, April 1, 2011

Vidya Balan


Vidya Balan takes up another challenging role

Vidya Balan is one actress in our industry who has constantly been under criticism for her mature looks and bad dressing sense, but at the same time, there is not one critic who has ever found any flaw in the characters played by her. Always up and ready for the challenging roles, she impressed everyone with the mature handling of her character in ‘Paa’ and now will again be seen in a totally different role of a earthy village woman in ‘Ishqiya’ with Naseruddin Shah and Arshad Warsi.
“I play a village belle,” she explains, “Yet I’m fully aware of my sexual charms and within the four walls of the bedroom, I’m unapologetic about using my guile and charm.’’
Yet again she has signed up to play Sabrina Lal, Jessica’s sister, in the movie ‘No One Killed Jessica’. “Yes, I am playing Sabrina Lal in Rajkumar Gupta’s film,” she said, “The minute I heard the role, I wanted to do it. It’s my first biographical role and a big challenge. I’ll be meeting Sabrina shortly.”
As the name suggests, the movie is based on the murder of Jessica Lal in 1999 which exposed the nepotism, inequality and corruption prevalent in Indian society.