Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A Little Blog Lovin’

 

image Trish’s backyard – showing her lavender garden.  Isn’t this the most beautiful photograph?

 

I’ve mentioned before that one of my favorite blogs is Trouvais.   The first time I stumbled upon it – I stayed there for an entire night just salivating over all of Trish’s photographs.   This photo, above,  of her lavender garden just killed me!   OMG!!!  So unbelievable that someone lives with a backyard like this.   I immediately emailed Trish, asking her how to grow lavender.    Trish is a die hard romantic and her blog reflects this.   It is not only pure eye candy, but, also educational.   She is interested in the most beautiful and intriguing things, like old uniforms, clothing and shoes from the 18th century, manuscripts written in French, grisaille – anything!    Story after story on Trouvais is a visual treat.

So,  you can imagine,  how humbled and honored I was when Trish wrote a story about Cote de Texas.   What’s so funny about this, is the first time I was on Trouvais, I almost gave up writing Cote de Texas altogether.   Trouvais is the blog I wished I wrote.  It has a consistent aesthetic quality to it that I greatly admire and aspire to.   Please visit Trouvais HERE to read her story about Cote de Texas.   It was interesting reading the article myself – I didn’t remember writing half the stories she chose to highlight!

Below are a few of my favorite images that Trish has posted on Trouvais – these were all taken by her, at her home.  Notice that she is great photostylist. 

 

 image

This photograph shows a dinner table Trish set up in her back yard.

 

 

image Besides lavender, Trish grows gorgeous peonies and roses.

 

 

image The old debate between books you read and books you buy to display!

 

 

 image

Trish’s entry hall.  This looks like a photograph from Cote de Sud magazine.

 

 

 image When I first saw this photograph, I was so jealous of Trish’s fireplace!

 

 

image

 I love this image of Trish’s collection of zinc finials

 

 

image

A vignette from Trish’s kitchen.

 

 

   imageA view to the outside at Trish’s house.    So beautiful. 

 

 

image Another photograph of Trish’s lavender garden. No, this is not in Provence!

 

Thank you again, Trish, so much!  You are so sweet!   To read the article about Cote de Texas on Trouvais, go HERE.